One such way to reframe financial planning is to move it from “financial chore” to “financial selfcare.”
WOMEN'S INVOLVEMENT IN INITIAL FINANCES
• 56% of women say they think talking about finances is “too personal."
• 47% of women don’t feel comfortable talking with a financial professional about money and investing.
• 27% of women claim that they were discouraged from talking about finances while growing up.
• In some cases, women might not be as involved in making financial decisions, and this can leave them dangerously underprepared for the future.
• Women must be engaged and take interest in and responsibility for their financial futures. Educating you and helping you make the most informed decisions is one of our favorite parts of our job.
• Half of women aren’t having the conversations on their own that they could be having with their financial professionals. We encourage you not to be hesitant to open up and talk about finances. We all must address this critical aspect in life, no matter how much money you make or how little you have saved.
• Both the challenges and the strategies we have discussed today can be very difficult to balance properly. As we have highlighted, just taking 1 misstep can make the difference between enjoying a prosperous retirement and running out of money. Please let us help you preserve what you have worked so hard to earn.